CALCON Technical Meeting
Meeting on Characterization and Radiometric Calibration for Remote Sensing
The CALCON Organizing Committee is planning to hold the CALCON Technical Meeting in September 2020.
The Space Dynamics Laboratory, the meeting host, is monitoring credible sources for current public health updates about the virus and the risk to those attending meetings in Utah. Should circumstances change, we will provide updates on this website.
September 21 – 24, 2020
You Need Better Data, Not More Data.
Calibration can dramatically improve the quality of your data, making analysis easier and results more reliable. The Characterization and Radiometric Calibration for Remote Sensing Annual Meeting (CALCON) provides a forum for scientists, engineers, managers, and leads to discuss challenges and solutions. Topics of discussion include calibration, characterization, and radiometric issues within the SAR, microwave, IR, VIS, and UV spectral ranges.
CALCON is not just for calibration engineers. Program leaders can improve the probability of mission success by understanding calibration basics and the benefits of well-calibrated data.
CALCON is designed for:
- Engineers, scientists, or managers developing measurement requirements for current and future sensor systems who want to:
- Discuss calibration challenges and solutions with other experts
- Help foster continuity and advancement within the community
- Close the gap between expectations and real-world experiences
- Potentially discover solutions to specific program challenges
- Program managers, mission operators, or mission leads who want to learn how to:
- Improve data quality and get more out of their data
- Improves mission analytics and save money by using proper calibration
- Produce results that meet mission requirements
- Understand how calibration affects mission systems and provides risk reduction
- Use expert peer reviews to benefit their mission
CALCON provides open and restricted sessions, up to TS//SI/TK//NOFORN). Depending on your home institution, CALCON attendance may fulfill training requirements.